Friday, December 28, 2012

Update: A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry (late) Christmas!






















I hope it was a jolly day for one and all, I know I enjoyed myself :)
Did anyone else get any awesome geeky presents?



My family obviously knows what I like :D 



Now that Christmas is over, there is the New Year to look forward to!
For 2012, my friends hosted a Dr Who themed New Years's party.
They asked me to make a TARDIS cake, which I gladly did.

It's tastier on the inside (;
(Crappy picture, yes. Believe me, it looked much better in person.)


I'm thinking something equally as epic is in order for 2013. 
After all, we DID survive a major apocalypse ;)
I think a Hobbit themed party would be awesome, since the movie just came out and all. 
Can I get an amen?!

In other fairly trivial news, I've decided who I want to cosplay for ECC 2013!
As of right now, it's pretty much just a lowly aspiration, as I'm out of cash and such.
But, it is something to strive for, and strive I do!

Meet Ember, a wondrous member of the ElfQuest family.








She's charming, I know.
The only thing that's got me really worried is the ears. 
I'll have to custom make them out of latex. 
Either that,or build unto another pair of elf ears I already own. That might work too. Oh dear! 

Speaking of latex ears, I have a story to tell you!
Just about a year ago, I ordered some elf ears through Amazon from Aradini Studios
Aradini Studios makes wonderful products, and I definitely recommend them. 
The ears are beautiful, and have lasted for me very well. 
I received my ears in the mail, along with a receipt.  
On the back of the receipt was printed artwork titled "Counter This!" by Paul Bielaczyc. 
I'd post it here, but don't want to violate any copyrights. Here's a link instead: Counter This!
I fell in love with the art right away, and immediately hung it up. 
It even survived the move to Idaho, and graces my wall to this day.
I think it's brilliant, and always said so to anyone who cared to ask or comments about it. 
I look at it a ridiculous amount of times a day, and enjoy studying it in detail.
Yeah, you get the picture, I freaking love it.
Well, about a week ago, I received a message on Facebook from Paul Bielaczyc. 
At the time, I didn't know who he was, as I hadn't committed the artist of the picture to memory.
The gist of his message was this: He had been browsing ThinkGeek and saw a comment I posted on their Pi Wrapping Paper.
He happened to click on my picture, and then saw a photo of me cosplaying Link. 
Like anyone could resist exploring that further!
Upon doing so, he saw a comment I had posted, telling a friend were I bought the ears.
He then messaged me to thank me for recommending him and his brother's company, and to tell me the awesome (not stalkerish, he assured me) way he'd come across the comment.
Upon reading that, I RAN to my room as fast as possible to check the name on the picture. 
And sure enough, it was him! I then proceed to geek out in extreme.
I feel sorry for the guy, as my reply message was probably the equivalent of a fan girl squeal. 
We corresponded a bit more, and I learned that my receipt was a printer malfunction, and therefore one-of-a-kind.
The art was suppose to be printed on a different kind of paper, and when the laser printer messed up, Paul just recycled it as my receipt. 
The whole thing pretty much made my month.
The end, finally.

Thank you for lending an ear to my babbling!





This post is dedicated to a friend of mine who recently succumbed to his wounds.

 R.I.P. Kirby </3 












P.S. If anyone is interested, I've opened a Twitter account: Atomic Kitten's Twitter
Fallow me for random & awesome tweets and updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something snazzy about this: