Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rant: The Hobbit

If you've read my previous blog posts, you know exactly how excited I am to watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, on the 14th.... But there is one thing I absolutely am NOT looking forward to, and that is the new elf character played by miss Evangeline Lilly. I'm aware that her character doesn't appear until the second part of The Hobbit, but that doesn't stop it from coming to mind and from me fuming at the very thought of her. All I can think is: How dare you?!? Many of you might think I'm overreacting, but as a die hard Tolkien fan, this appalls me to MY VERY CORE. Who wrote The Hobbit? Who's books withstood the tests of time? Who will go down in history as one of the most amazing fantasy writers, EVER? ... NOT YOU!!! And still, you think that you needed to ADD something to Tolkien's stories to make them MORE INTERESTING??? To add "Romantic texture" or whatever the hell your excuse is?? The Hobbit has been a favorite for years, WITHOUT the addition of Tauriel! Not the mention the fact that Evangeleine's face is already embedded into my mind as her Lost character. That just messes everything up! Has the American audience grown so dull and action-starved that we have to ADD something to one of the most INCREDIBLE stories of all time, to MAKE IT INTERESTING TO US????? I, personally, DO NOT WANT this addition. I want The Hobbit movies to come to me raaaaaaw and wriiiiggling! Pure, unadulterated Tolkien. Nothing more, nothing less... You can keep your "imaginative adaptions"... BAH!




STAY OUT OF MY OBSESSIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something snazzy about this: