Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Countdown Draws To An End

Yet ANOTHER Hobbit movie post.
I do it a lot, I know.. And you'll be getting one tomorrow probably.
And DEFINITELY the day after, which is when I'll actually have watched it.


This is my "Hobbit Day is tomorrow!!!" face:


                                                        It looks like I have a secret O.o
                                                        Also, it thoroughly it cracks me up. 


Technically, tomorrow isn't Hobbit Day, because An Unexpected Journey doesn't play until the 14th, but my friends who are watching it with me arrive tomorrow, and since the movie is at midnight, it feels like the 13th rather than the 14th. (That was a really long sentence.) Either way, I have dubbed tomorrow Hobbit day..
Hopefully, I'll be able to pull off making a Hobbit costume in the short amount of time I have allowed myself... Procrastination bites me in the ass on a regular basis. But I've pulled through before (I once made a Splicer costume in an hour) and I can pull through again! I'm just really not looking forward to curling all my hair :'( I'm so lazy when it comes to hair! But, it's for an amazing cause, so I'll survive!

Sidetrack:
My family is watching Batman (the Tim Burton one) and I just heard Alexander Knox say "Maybe it should be Bruce Vain!" and I started laughing hysterically. I've never found that part exceptionally amusing until this exact moment in time... Pshhh, I'm just weird.

Back on track:
Some people don't understand why I am so excited to see this film. They say blasphemous things like "It's just a movie!" and "I don't know why it's so important to you."
What these people do not understand is that I have been EAGERLY, ANXIOUSLY, BREATHLESSLY, WITHOUT PAUSEINGLY (made that up, so proud of myself) waiting for this movie since the second The Return Of The King credits began to roll. It was at that moment, when the hope of The Hobbit was born... It was the obvious (to me) next step. And since the Lord Of The Rings movies had been tackled, and done as well as they were, the possibility of The Hobbit was no longer a hopeless dream, but a tangible possibility!
For years, there was no word. Not a whisper besides the speculations of fans over obscure internet forums. And then!!! Oh then! A rumor! It sent my heart a-beating double time, and my view of the future began to brighten. And then, the rumor was confirmed! Peter Jackson is making a Hobbit movie. I can't explain how happy that made me, and well, still makes me. But I guess that doesn't make sense to anyone who isn't a Tolkien freak like me. You might not understand why I'm so excited. I mean, it's no biggie, after the initial announcement, I only had to wait TWO YEARS!
So, my dear friends, unless you've traveled down the long and agonizing path that as eventually led to this movie, you'll probably never fully grasp the situation. .....So please stop asking me to explain, it's getting on my nerves.





TOMORROW!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you look like Sokka! You just sort of exude that "oh, I just thought of something REALLY COOL and slightly illegal but oh well" vibe.

    and first post on your blog! Hi!
    (it's Lizzie, by the way)

    ReplyDelete

Say something snazzy about this: